To what extent is your organization “aligned”?How do you know the state of strategic alignment within your organization, business unit or management team? To what extent do you think alike about the values, choices and goals that make up the strategy? You can easily find out through our Strategic Alignment Quick Scan. The insights from this scan provide input to increase strategic focus and support within your organization. It provides key starting points for focused improvement on topics like: Top Team Alignment, Program & Project Rationalization and Strategy Deployment. Depending on your specific situation, it is possible to customize the scan. In addition to integral measurement on both strategic goals, choices and values, it is also possible to measure on only one (or two) of these strategic components.
Gain insights in 3 steps
To determine if your organization is “on the same page,” we perform 3 steps:
- Structuring: Through a strategy intake among members of senior management, we summarize your strategy in clear statements about strategic goals (what), strategic choices (how) and cultural values (why).
- Measurement: In the next step, we survey people in the organization about the strategic triptych established in Step 1. How do people interpret the strategy? What does it mean to them and what priorities do they see for collective success?
- Analyze: Finally, we analyze the data and prepare measurement results that a typically input for dialogues and discussions. In our analysis, we will provide clear infographics on alignment developed at Erasmus University.
The benefits of strategic alignment:
It is known from scientific research that higher alignment results in, among other things:
- Improved overall (financial) performance.
- Effective strategy implementation by the collective.
- Greater individual job happiness and more meaningful work, increasing motivation and reducing perceived workload.
- A better flow in the collaboration between people and teams, reducing mutual distrust and misunderstanding.
Want to know more?
Wondering what insights the Strategic Alignment Quick Scan provides? And in what way can your board or management team concretely work with this? Then download our service description with pricing information on this quick scan with no obligation.