Module: Strategy Co-creation
Sometimes the context of an organization changes such that strategy must be rethought. But how do you come up with a strategy that properly incorporates the valuable insights and knowledge of employees? And for which accelerated support is created within the organization? A strategic co-creation process can be initiated for that purpose. Because the days when the strategy process was a stand-alone activity of senior management are over.
In a strategic co-creation process, we first gather valuable ideas around the organization’s strategic goals, choices and values. After a review, these are tested to a broad group within the organization via a Strategic Alignment Quick Scan. The outcomes form the basis for defining a broad-based strategy.
- A strategic reorientation or recalibration.
- The desire to involve the organization in strategy formulation.
Here’s what it delivers:
- Inventory of strategic goals, choices and values held within the organization.
- Understanding the topics on which there is a connection within the organization and where there is not.
- Input for defining a concrete, clear and organization-supported “strategy on 1A4.
- Focused action perspective to strengthen alignment on strategic issues.