Module: Strategy Deployment
Operationalize your strategy by cascading and setting up the controls appropriately. Depending on your organization, different methodologies can be deployed or optimized. Examples include the OGSM model, the X-matrix and the OKR (Objectives & Key Results) method. Or does your company work with Critical Success Factors (CSFs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)? Then make sure that steering is done on the right indicators.
- The strategy is too abstract so the operational management is not aligned with the strategy.
- The control variables encourage activities that do not align with the strategic choices.
- Poor visibility of progress in achieving strategic goals.
- Employees are working on the wrong organizational goals or pursuing their own.
- Securing operational direction in line with strategic focus.
- Cascading strategic goals and choices to the workplace.
- Joint starting point for annual business planning by translating strategy into departmental plans.