Integrity and social responsibility are key factors in building trust and credibility with internal and external stakeholders. Organizations that uphold high ethical standards and demonstrate responsibility in their actions, earn the respect and loyalty of employees, customers, suppliers, investors, and society at large. Integrity ensures transparency, accountability, and fairness in decision-making, while social responsibility promotes sustainable practices, social impact, and a positive organizational culture.
Organizations that hold integrity and social responsibility in high esteem, grow their reputation, are attractive for top talent, and establish a strong foundation for long-term success.
How do you measure integrity and social responsibility ?
By knowing exactly what is driving integrity and social responsibility in your organization. By knowing precisely where in the organization the biggest improvements can be made. And by acting upon this knowledge: taking required actions in accordance with a specifically designed intervention strategy. This way, you will be able to work evidence-based towards the desired and makable outcome of a sustainably more ethical and socially responsible organization. This is the way of working that The Better Company stands for and has to offer.
We measure 4 outcome metrics for integrity and social responsibility that are scientifically underpinned. At the same time, we measure the drivers of integrity and social responsibility. Drivers are specific leadership and working climate factors that are known for their effect upon desired outcomes. Science has revealed 9 relevant drivers, such as ethical leadership, behavioral integrity and organizational fairness.
- Ethical leadership: Do employees experience an ethical work environment in the behavior of others?
- Power disparity: Do employees experience equal relationships within the organization?
- Meaning-based leadership: Do executives connect the organization’s values to strategy?
- Organizational fairness: Do employees see fair action in behavior of others?
- Psychological safety: Do people feel safe to be who they are in the presence of others?
The benefits of a high level of integrity and social responsibility:
A high degree of integrity and social responsibility results in, among other things:
- Positive reputation;
- Attractiveness to new talent;
- Better management of risk;
- Long term success.
The Integrity & Social Responsibility Scan
Here’s what you can expect when we execute a Do Better Scan:
- Flawless survey operation: You get the professional implementation of the Do Better Scan in your organization. We provide a smooth and service-oriented online survey, in a way where you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Do Better Dashboards: You get crystal-clear and fine-grained insight into metrics and drivers in a simple and easy-to-read dashboard.
- Systemic diagnosis and surgical precision: You find out what, according to the data, are the strongest drivers of are for the organization as a whole. This systemic diagnosis tells you exactly where to focus your improvement interventions.
- Laser focused action perspective: In relation to measured outcomes, the Do Better Dashboard also shows measures of the critical drivers of integrity and social responsibility. In this way, each team learns how fair and honest the organization as a whole is, what the systemic causes of this outcome are, and what actions are needed locally to contribute to a better outcome at the team level.
Want to learn how our approach can help your organization? Then schedule a free demo. We’ll be happy to tell you about how we work, tooling and the impact you can make.
The strength of our Do Better Scan lies both in its scientific background and in its simplicity. Teams have insight into improvement potential at a glance. The dashboard below gives an impression of the insights that can be shared at the team level.
Download product sheet
Are you curious about what the Do Better Scan looks like within the Integrity & Social Responsibility domain? Then download the product sheet with more information.