Module: Program & Project Rationalization
Program & Project Rationalization
With clarity on your strategic focus it is also immediately clear where your strategic focus does not lie. This focus is the tangible result of a Top Team Alignment process and directly helps to scrutinize the existing project and program portfolio.
During a Program & Project Rationalization process, all current and proposed projects and programs are categorized as follows:
- Going forward: projects and programs in-line with the strategic focus.
- Temporizing: projects and programs that contribute only marginally to the strategic focus.
- Discontinue: projects and programs that do not contribute to the strategic focus.
- Lack of focus in a growing number of projects and programs.
- No time due to a glut of projects and programs.
- The anticipated value of the strategy is not being realized.
- Higher indirect re-work costs.
- Excessive workloads and increasing absenteeism: lack of focus means everyone is way too busy, and not necessarily doing the right things.
- A review framework and process to prioritize projects and programs in line with strategic focus.
- A project and program portfolio aligned to strategic focus.
- Action perspective to provide focus, create time and increase effectiveness.