Want to get started on improving psychological safety in your organization? Then the Psycological Safety Scan is an excellent start. This scan will give you insights into the factors that make the most impact on your organization to bring psychological safety to an (even) higher level.
How to measure psychological safety?
On one hand, the Psychological Safety Scan measures outcomes provided from science for psychological safety and making your voice heard (employee voice). On the other hand, we measure the drivers of psychological safety. Drivers are specific leadership and work climate factors that have been proven to have an effect on the degree of psychological (social) safety.
In this combined scan, we measure a total of 9 underlying drivers in the organization. Understanding these drivers enable your organization to make evidence-based interventions to improve psychological safety. We list 5 examples of drivers that we measure.
- Perspective taking: The degree to which colleagues can put themselves in each other’s shoes.
- Organizational support: Do employees feel that the organization also considers their interests and needs?
- Power disparity: The degree to which power and influence over decision-making is experienced unequally within a team.
- Meaning-based leadership: Do executives connect the organization’s values to strategy?
- Empowering leadership: The degree to which leaders transfer responsibility and authority to their teams.n,
The benefits of psychological safety
Working on psychological safety creates many benefits for your organization:
Better performance because people share their ideas.
Higher engagement through active participation.
Effective communication through openness and trust.
Reducing stress and burnout rates.
Strengthens trust and loyalty.
Lower turnover and absenteeism rates.
In short, psychological safety is not only beneficial to employee well-being, but it also has a significant impact on the performance, productivity and success of the organization as a whole.
The Psychological Safety Scan
Here’s what you can expect when we execute a Do Better Scan:
- Flawless survey operation: You get the professional implementation of the Do Better Scan in your organization. We provide a smooth and service-oriented online survey, in a way where you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Do Better Dashboards: You get crystal-clear and fine-grained insight into metrics and drivers in a simple and easy-to-read dashboard.
- Systemic diagnosis and surgical precision: You find out what, according to the data, are the strongest drivers of are for the organization as a whole. This systemic diagnosis tells you exactly where to focus your improvement interventions.
- Laser focused action perspective: In relation to measured outcomes, the Do Better Dashboard also shows measures of the critical drivers of vitality. In this way, each team learns how vital the organization as a whole is, what the systemic causes of this outcome are, and what actions are needed locally to contribute to a better outcome at the team level.
Want to learn how our approach can help your organization? Then schedule a free demo. We’ll be happy to tell you about how we work, tooling and the impact you can make.
The strength of our Do Better Scan is embedded in both its scientific background and in its simplicity. Teams will have insight into their improvement potential at a glance. The dashboard below gives an impression of the insights that can be shared at the team level.
Curious about the details of the Do Better Scan Psychological Safety? Download the product sheet with more information.