When business strategy within your organization is a shared understanding and integrated in your daily operations & decision making, you have reached a high level of strategic alignment. Then “everyone is on the same page” and the strategy is both a priority and top of mind with every employee. With a high level of strategic alignment it becomes easy to collectively determine focus and implement accordingly. The higher the strategic alignment of your employees, the better your organization will perform. Goals are achieved more easily and quickly. But also engagement and work happiness of employees will increase. People can give meaning to their work every day through their tangible and meaningful contribution to the strategy.
How do you measure Strategic Alignment?
Our Strategic Alignment Scan measures alignment within your organization. A total of 45 drivers can be distinguished within the measurement. During our organizational intake we typically select the 10 to 12 most relevant drivers for your organization. We will actively solicit these during the measurement. Drivers are always customized and different for each organization. Some examples of drivers include:
- Visionary leadership: Ability of executive leadership to present a clear and inspiring picture of the future of the organization.
- Organizational identification: Does your team identify with the norms and values of the organization as a whole?
- Strategic involvement: Do employees feel they are involved the strategy formation?
- Informational justice: Is communication about the progress of the strategy process open, honest and clear?
- Strategic translation: Is the team able to translate the strategy into daily operations?
- Boundary spanning behavior: Do leaders see it as their job to think and act beyond the boundaries of their own team?
The benefits of strategic alignment:
It is known from scientific research that higher alignment results in, among other things:
- Improved overall (financial) performance.
- Effective strategy implementation by the collective.
- Greater individual happiness at work and more meaningful work, increasing motivation and reducing perceived workload.
- A better flow in the collaboration between people and teams, reducing mutual distrust and misunderstanding.
Want to know more?
Wondering what insights the Strategic Alignment Scan provides? And in what way can your organization and leadership can improve alignment? Then download our service description with pricing information on this quick scan with no obligation.