Diversity & Inclusion creates a better performing organization. For example, when inclusion is secured, teams with higher diversity make better decisions. At the same time, societal pressure on organizations to embrace and demonstrate diversity is increasing. Diversity in the workplace means that your organization consists of a mix of people of different gender, religion, orientation, ethnicity and age, for example. Inclusion – feeling valued part of the organization – is necessary to build and sustain such a diverse workplace.
How do you measure inclusion?
Diversity and inclusion work like communicating vessels: a more inclusive climate will create and sustain a diverse workforce. If your organization does not have an inclusive climate, people are more likely to leave – especially the very people who make your organization more diverse. Simply because not everyone feels really at home in an organization. We therefore measure in a Diversity & Inclusion Scan a combination of drivers that enable a more inclusive organization, such as:
- Organizational identification: Do personal norms and values match this of the organization?
- Perspective taking: Are team members able to put themselves in other team members’ shoes?
- Meaning-based leadership: Do executives connect the organization’s values to strategy?
- Employee voice: To what extent can employees express their ideas, opinions, suggestions and alternative views
- Psychological safety: Do people feel safe to be who they are in the presence of others?
The benefits of diversity & inclusion:
Scientific research shows that higher diversity and inclusion results in, among other things:
- More productive teams delivering higher quality output;
- Teams making better decisions;
- Teams that can better solve complex problems;
- Teams that are more innovative.
The Diversity & Inclusion Scan
Here’s what you can expect when we execute a Do Better Scan:
- Flawless survey operation: You get the professional implementation of the Do Better Scan in your organization. We provide a smooth and service-oriented online survey, in a way where you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Do Better Dashboards: You get crystal-clear and fine-grained insight into metrics and drivers in a simple and easy-to-read dashboard.
- Systemic diagnosis and surgical precision: You find out what, according to the data, are the strongest drivers of are for the organization as a whole. This systemic diagnosis tells you exactly where to focus your improvement interventions.
- Laser focused action perspective: In relation to measured outcomes, the Do Better Dashboard also shows measures of the critical drivers of vitality. In this way, each team learns how vital the organization as a whole is, what the systemic causes of this outcome are, and what actions are needed locally to contribute to a better outcome at the team level.
Want to learn how our approach can help your organization? Then schedule a free demo. We’re happy to tell you about how we work, demonstrate our tooling and discuss the impact you can make.
The strength of our Do Better Scan is embedded both in its scientific background and in its simplicity. Teams have insight into improvement potential at a glance. The dashboard below gives an impression of the insights that can be shared at the team level.
Curious about the details of the Do Better Scan Diversity & inclusion? Download the product sheet with more information.